As required under the Community Charter, Delta prepares an Annual Report which provides an opportunity to communicate to residents the activities and financial statements from the preceding year.
Each year, a five-year Financial Plan is prepared that includes the current year's budget and projections for the next four years.
- Council adopted the debt management policy in 2002, which includes:
- Move to "pay as you go" funding for the regular capital program
- Eliminate internal debt for the regular program
- On-going efforts to reduce borrowing costs
- No new debt since 2003 Capital Plan
- Referendum debt will be down to $1.5 million by the end of 2019
- General debt was eliminated in 2018 and referendum debt will be eliminated by 2022
- View Debt Balance (75 KB)
- View Debt Payments (28 KB)