Permits and Licences

Access your information with MyCity

Submit plans, schedule inspections, view the status of your permit application and business or dog licences, plus view or print information about your property tax and utility billing history, with MyCity. For guidelines on how to submit plans and applications, see the ePlan guide.

Delta has a permitting system that ensures a variety of public concerns are being met, including safety standards and compliance with the Official Community Plan.

Dog Licences

Annual dog licences are due by January 1st and are valid for the calendar year. You can easily renew your dog licence online.

Development Permits

Read about application guidelines and development permits for various sites. If you know that the land you are developing was used for industrial or commercial activity, provincial law requires that a site profile must be submitted.

Building & Plumbing Permits 

Review building and plumbing permits you need for your construction or renovation project. Book a building or plumbing inspection today.


Starting a business in Delta? Use BizPaL to search the permits and licences you require.

Environmental Permits

Environmental permits are needed to make sure we are protecting our land, waters and wildlife. We will guide you through working around water, respecting the watercourse classification system and submitting a site profile for contaminated sites.

Gas and Electrical Permits

The administration of safety standards and safe installation of electrical systems, gas, boiler and other technical equipment in B.C. is delegated to the BC Safety Authority.

Tree Cutting Permits

If you want to cut down a tree on your property, you must obtain a tree cutting permit if the tree is 20 cm (8 in) in diameter or greater. 

Soil Deposit/Removal Permit

For soil and other material deposits and removals, please see Bylaw No. 7221, 2014.

Special Event Permit

Planning a parade, block party or a racing event? You need to obtain a special event permit.

Filming Permits

Delta's Film Office provides efficient one-stop service to make your filming experience in our community hassle-free and pleasant for our residents and your film crews.

Hydrant Use Permit

  • Services

    Do you have an emergency kit? Learn what essential items should be included. Get prepared!

    Learn More

  • Subscribe to our Newsletter

    Click Here
  • Find a Program/Activity