A fifth-generation farmer and entrepreneur, Councillor Alicia Guichon comes from a long lineage of Ladner farmers. Alicia is passionate about the preservation of agricultural land and keeping farming as a viable local industry in Delta. After graduating from the University of British Columbia, Alicia opened Backroads Family Farm Market with her sister in 2014, where they sell seasonal local produce. Born and raised in Ladner, Alicia continues to call Ladner home.
Councillor Guichon currently serves on the following boards and committees:
- Agricultural Advisory Committee, Chair
- Hunting Regulation Advisory Committee, Vice-Chair
- Ladner Business Association, Council Liaison
- Metro Vancouver Water Committee, Member
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission, Alternate Vice-Chair