Special Event Permit

Special events include:

  • Parades (Marching Bands, Floats, Farmers' Markets, Bazaars),
  • Race Events (Triathlon, Bike race, Soapbox Derby),
  • Block Parties (Wedding parties, Neighbourhood BBQ's), and
  • Signs (Community events, Sports Clubs' registrations).

A Highway Use Permit (HUP) is required to host a Special Event. The total charge for a HUP is $101 plus applicable taxes.

Applications for a HUP for Special Events must include the following:

  • HUP Application form (229KB)
  • Insurance Certificate naming The CIty of Delta as co-insured for general liability of $2 million. For Block Parties, applicants can take out a special insurance coverage under The City of Delta's Parks and Recreation Department's Special Events insurance
  • Events where alcohol may be served require special permits from Delta Police
  • Applicants should review their traffic management plans with Delta's Engineering Department staff in the early stages of their event planning
  • Block parties can take place only between the hours of 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays

Applicants are also required to obtain the relevant Delta bylaws to ensure their application is in compliance.

Police, Fire, Ambulance, Transit and other agencies are notified of the event when necessary.

  • Services

    Do you have an emergency kit? Learn what essential items should be included. Get prepared!

    Learn More

  • Subscribe to our Newsletter

    Click Here
  • Find a Program/Activity