About Delta Parks & Recreation Playtime Programs
The playtime program's emphasis is on growth, creative play, language, art, music, science, math, social studies and cooperation. Our playtime program is designed to develop the whole child: intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally.
Where is it held?
Who can attend playtime programs?
- For 2016/17, children born in 2012 and 2013 are eligible to attend
- For 2017/18, children born in 2013 and 2014 are eligible to attend
When do playtime programs run?
- Playtime starts the week of September 11, 2017 and ends the week of June 12, 2018
- Christmas break and spring break will be the same as Delta School District
- Playtime will operate on school Pro-D Days
- Classes run:
- Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday mornings 9:15–11:15 am at North Delta Recreation Centre, Firehall Centre for the Arts, and Pinewood Leisure Centre
- Monday/Wednesday or Tuesdays/Thursdays afternoons 12:30–2:30 pm at North Delta Recreation Centre and Pinewood Leisure Centre
- Monday/Wednesday mornings 9:15–11:15 am at Ladner Community Centre
- Friday mornings 9:15–11:15 am are available only to people already registered in any of the above classes at any of the locations.
How and when do I register my child for Playtime Program?
- Call 604-952-3000
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for 2016-17 is ongoing. Pre-registration for 2017-18 playtime opens January 16, 2017.
What are my payment options?
- Playtime can be paid in an equal payment plan
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cheque, Cash or Debit Card are accepted for the first payment
- All subsequent payments, by post-dated cheques or pre-authorized credit card, dated October 1, November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1 and May 1
Anything else I need to know?
- Delta’s playtime program is not licensed
- Children must be toilet-trained
- There will be a nominal fee for field trips
- It is a peanut- and nut-free environment
- A complete package of information and forms will be mailed to you prior to the start of classes