2019 Boundary Bay Airshow
July 20, 2019, FREE ADMISSION
Gates open at 11 am, show starts at noon
The City of Delta and Alpha Aviation are proud to sponsor the Boundary Bay Airshow on Saturday, July 20, 2019. From children’s activities and delicious food options, to the non-stop excitement in the skies, there truly is something for everyone!
Boundary Bay Airport is located at 7800 Alpha Way, Delta BC
Airshow Access – Temporary Road & Dike Closures
Motorists should expect delays and additional congestion in the Ladner and East Ladner area to facilitate the flow of traffic to and from Boundary Bay Airport for the Airshow.
- 72 Street will be CLOSED on July 20 from Churchill Street to 36 Avenue and CLOSED southbound from Ladner Trunk Road to Churchill Street. Airshow guests with a pre-purchased on-site parking pass will travel along 80 Street to access Boundary Bay Airport.
- 72 Street from the dike will be CLOSED from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday, July 19 and Saturday, July 20, 2019. Cyclists will be unable to access the Airshow via 72 Street from the dike during these times.
- Airshow guests with a pre-purchased on-site parking pass will travel along 80 Street to access Boundary Bay Airport. To ensure the safety of travellers, road and traffic safety personnel will be on hand to direct traffic flows.
On-site $10 Parking Pass
Click HERE to pay for your on-site parking pass.
Free Off-site Parking with Shuttle Buses
Free off-site parking with a free shuttle service is also available at the following locations:
- Paterson Park, located at 5800 Clarence Taylor Crescent in west Ladner; and
- Wellbrook Winery, located at 4626 88 Street, in east Ladner.
Free shuttle bus service begins at 9 am and runs throughout the Airshow.
View Map: Free Off-Site Parking Locations
View Map: On-Site Pre-Purchased Parking Location
Free parking for people with disabilities will be available both on and off-site with Delta’s seniors buses available to provide accessible service from off-site locations.
Unattended free bike parking will be available both on and off-site. To reduce vehicle congestion on our roads, cycling is encouraged as an alternate mode of transportation to the Airshow, but Transport Canada restrictions will limit route options during the Airshow. ROUTE: Cyclists are asked to travel along Ladner Trunk Road and southbound on 72 Street to Churchill Street.
CLOSURES: 72 Street from the dike will be closed from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday, July 19 and Saturday, July 20, 2019. Cyclists will be unable to access the Airshow via 72 Street from the dike during these times.
Better than Ever – Airshow welcomes the Snowbirds for the first time!
For the first time ever, this year's Airshow will showcase the Canadian Forces Snowbirds and the Canadian CF-18 Hornet Demonstration Team. Check out the list of performers: http://czbbairshow.ca/performers.
In addition to these performers, this year’s airshow will include:
- a family zone (face painting, mini golf, wiggle carts, crafts);
- a car show in the Heritage Hangar;
- food vendors and food trucks;
- VIP Tent and VIP Chalets;
- an autograph tent and aircraft exhibitors and static displays.
Bring your folding chair, sunglasses, sunscreen, and hat. Remember, Boundary Bay Airport is located next to the ocean and can be windy throughout the day. A windbreaker can be a great addition to your backpack.
Please note, family pets are not permitted to attend, but service dogs are welcome. There is no smoking at the Airshow and balloons are not permitted.