Public Information Meeting - 57 St Townhouse Proposal
Apr 23, 2019
You are invited to a Public Information Meeting hosted by the City of Delta to learn and ask questions about the proposed 40-unit townhouse development at 4876 - 4938 57 Street (see location map below). You are invited to attend the meeting which will be held:
|Date: || Tuesday, May 7, 2019 |
|Time: || 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm |
|Location: ||Delta Manor Education Centre (Multi-Purpose Room) |
4750 57 Street, Delta
For this meeting, you will have an opportunity to view display boards that provide current information about the application. Staff will be available to answer questions between 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm.
Location of the Proposed Townhouse Development:
Key Application Facts:
The following are the key aspects of the proposal:
- 40-unit, three-storey townhouse development
- 80 on-site parking spaces (2 spaces per unit) either in a side-by-side garage or tandem parking arrangement
- 8 on-site visitor parking spaces
- vehicular site access from 57 Street
The following are required to proceed with the townhouse proposal:
- Amendments to the Official Community Plan as follows:
- by changing the land use designation in the Future Land Use Plan in Schedule A from One and Two Unit Residential (R) to Multi-Unit Residential (MR); and
- by changing the land use designation in the Ladner Area Plan in Schedule B.3 from Infill Single family Residential (ISF) to Residential Ground-Oriented (RG);
- Rezoning from Duplex/Single Detached Residential 3 (RD3) to a new Townhouse Residential 62 (RT62) Zone in “Delta Zoning Bylaw No. 7600, 2017”;
- A development variance permit to reduce the special building setback from the centreline of 57 Street, to permit the 57 Street property line to be the property frontage for the purpose of applying building setbacks, and to permit building projections into the minimum setbacks for a principal structure in the Townhouse Residential 62 (RT62) Zone; and
- Consolidation of the seven subject properties into one development site.
Application File Number: LU008881
Applicant: Maple Leaf Homes Ltd.
Additional information on the application (File No. LU008881) can be found on Delta’s website: delta.ca/57StreetTownhouses.
Have questions or comments? Email email@example.com or call the Community Planning & Development Department at (604) 946-3380.