New natural playground at Annieville Lions Park
Jun 20, 2017
On Saturday, June 24, 2017, 1 pm, Mayor Lois E. Jackson, Delta Council, CAO George V. Harvie, representatives from the Co-op Community Spaces initiative, and members of the North Delta Lions Club, will officially open the new natural playground at Annieville Lions Park in North Delta (9150 112 Street).
The natural playground replaces a portion of the older play structure and is designed for children and youth of various ages, from toddlers to teens. It is nestled in the forest area of the park and all playground structures are created with natural elements:
- Yellow cedar log climbing and balancing structure
- Yellow cedar leaping posts of varied heights
- Zip line that accommodates youth of all ages and sizes
- Boulders salvaged from the North Delta Recreation Centre construction site for climbing and seating
- Four wooden benches for seating
The natural playground introduces an element of risk and challenge for children to push their comfort levels, use their imagination, learn, and grow from experimentation. The playground was co-funded by Delta, the Co-op Community Spaces grant, and the North Delta Lions Club.