Public Information Meeting - Hunter Road Apartment Building Proposal
May 17, 2019
You are invited to a Public Information Meeting hosted by the City of Delta to learn and ask questions about a proposed 40-unit, 4-storey apartment development at 1217, 1225, 1235, 1237 and 1243 Hunter Road (see location map below). You are invited to attend the meeting which will be held:
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
5:00 pm – 7:30 pm (Open House)
South Delta Recreation Centre (Hall A)
1720 56 Street, Delta
For this meeting, you will have an opportunity to view display boards that provide current information about the application. Staff will be available to answer questions between 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm.
Location of the Proposed Apartment Development:
Key Application Facts:
The following are the key aspects of the proposal:
- 40-unit apartment building
- Proposed density of 118 units per hectare (48 units per acre)
- 16 m (52 ft) building height
- 4 storeys plus 2 levels of underground parking accessed from Hunter Road
- Principal building setbacks:
- Front (Hunter Road) and Rear: 4 m (13 ft);
- Interior Side (North): 4.4 m (14 ft); and
- Interior Side (South): 2.8 m (9 ft).
- 70 on-site resident parking spaces (1.75 spaces per unit)
- 8 on-site visitor parking spaces (0.2 visitor spaces per unit)
The following are required to proceed with the apartment proposal:
- Official Community Plan amendment to exempt the subject properties from the maximum residential density provision of 90 units per hectare (36 units per acre), or 112 units per hectare (45 units per acre) if a significant public amenity is provided, under the Mixed-Use (Tsawwassen 2) (MU(T)2) designation in Schedule D.1 Tsawwassen Area Plan in order to allow a maximum density of 118 units per hectare (48 units per acre).
- Rezoning from Single Detached Residential 1 (RS1) to Apartment Residential 120 (RA120).
- A development variance permit to vary:
- principal building setbacks; and
- setbacks for roof eaves and gutters, balconies and balcony structural supports.
- A development permit to address the form and character of the proposed development, which would be located in the Tsawwassen Town Centre (SD1A) Development Permit Area.
- Consolidation of the five subject properties into one development site.
Application File Number: LU008359
Applicant: Wesley Wollin, BURO47 Architecture Inc.
Additional information on the application (File No. LU008359) can be found on Delta’s website: www.delta.ca/hunterroad
Have questions or comments? Email: email@example.com or call the Community Planning & Development Department at 604.946.3380.