Public Information Meeting - Multi-Family Development at 6950 Nicholson Road
Nov 20, 2018
The City of Delta is hosting a Public Information Meeting for the proposed development at 6950 Nicholson Road (see location map below). The proposal is for two six-storey apartment buildings with a combined total of 181 units. The development would include 237 residential parking spaces and 27 visitor parking spaces located in an underground structure, and vehicular access to the site would be from Nicholson Road.
The purpose of this meeting is to provide information on the application and answer questions. You are invited to attend the meeting, which will be held:
Thursday, November 29, 2018
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Open House)
Pinewood Elementary School (Gym)
11777 Pinewood Drive, Delta
For this meeting, the public will have an opportunity to view display boards that provide current information about the application. Staff will be available to answer questions between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
Key Application Facts:
The application is for two, six-storey apartment buildings at 6950 Nicholson Road. The application involves the following:
- A request to amend the Official Community Plan Schedule C.1 (North Delta Area Plan) in order to exempt the west portion of the site from the maximum density of 200 units per hectare (80 units per acre) and allow for a site specific density of 240 units per hectare (97 units per acre). The east portion of the site complies with the land use designation included in the North Delta Area Plan.
- A request to rezone the subject property from Core Commercial (C1) to Apartment Residential 240 (RA240) on the west portion of the site and Apartment Residential 400 (RA400) on the east portion of the site.
- A request to vary “Delta Zoning Bylaw No. 7600, 2017” as follows:
- By reducing the minimum amount of required common outdoor amenity space from 1,068 m2 (11,496 ft2) to 737 m2 (7,933 ft2).
- By reducing the maximum percentage of small car parking spaces for visitors from 25 percent to 40 percent of required parking spaces.
- The property is located within the Scott Road Corridor Development Permit Area.This development permit area contains guidelines for the form and character of the buildings and landscaping.
Application File Number: LU008668
Applicant: Jit Sangha, Realco Holdings (Scottsdale) Ltd.
Additional information on the Multi-Family Development application at 6950 Nicholson Road can be found on Delta’s website: www.delta.ca/nicholson
Have questions or comments? Email: email@example.com or call the Community Planning & Development Department at .604.946.3380.