Fire Danger Rating: EXTREME
Aug 07, 2018
The Fire Hazard Rating for the City of Delta is now at EXTREME.
Continued dry weather has resulted in conditions that are tinder dry and extremely sensitive to sparks and fire.
Please comply with posted signs and the fire danger guidelines, which include:
- Ban on campfires and briquette barbecues and cooking stoves.
- No smoking in any of Delta’s parks or trails.
- No wandering off-trail, please remember to stay on trails at all times.
- Be aware of all spark sources.
- Report all fires to 9-1-1 immediately.
- Limited use of propane or gas-powered barbecues and cooking stoves. Use is restricted to park day use areas with picnic tables, picnic shelters and group camps. Individuals are also required to stay with the barbecue or stove at all times while it’s in use.
Delta’s summer Parks Patrol staff have been deployed to the Delta Nature Reserve, Watershed Park and the North 40 to keep an eye out for any prohibited activities.
Let’s work together to keep our community safe!