Metro Vancouver Returns to Stage 1 Water Restrictions
Sep 22, 2015
Effective immediately, Metro Vancouver has moved back to Stage 1 water restrictions until October 15.
Due to the cooler weather and rainfall, the reservoirs that serve the Metro Vancouver municipalities have stabilized to 60 per cent of their storage capacity, which is typical for this time of year.
As part of the Water Shortage Response Plan, Delta and other Metro Vancouver municipalities will return to Stage One water restrictions through October 15, 2015.
With Stage 1 regulations lawn sprinkling is permitted at the following times:
RESIDENTIAL LAWN SPRINKLING ALLOWED:
- Even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns on Monday, Wednesday or Saturday mornings between 4 am and 9 am;
- Odd-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns on Tuesday, Thursday, or Sunday mornings between 4 am and 9 am.
NON-RESIDENTIAL LAWN SPRINKLING ALLOWED:
- Even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns on Monday or Wednesday mornings between 1 am and 6 am, or Friday mornings between 4 am and 9 am;
- Odd-numbered addresses may sprinkle on Tuesday mornings between 1 am and 6 am, or Friday mornings between 4 am and 9 am.
In addition to lawn sprinkling regulations, there are other water use restrictions when Stage 1 of the Water Shortage Response Plan is activated. Some examples are:
Learn more about Stage 1 lawn sprinkling regulations.
- Outdoor car and boat washing is permitted by hose equipped with spring-loaded shut off.
- Sports and sand-based playing fields may only use the minimum level of water needed to keep them in usable conditions.