UPDATE: Stage 3 Water Restriction Regulations are Now in Effect
Jul 20, 2015
Starting July 20, 2015, at 4 pm, due to the unprecedented decrease in water supply, Metro Vancouver has raised water restrictions to Stage 3, further restricting water use.
As responsible members of our community, we require you to follow these guidelines to ensure we stabilize our water shortage throughout the summer. We need to conserve our water for drinking, health and safety, and fire protection.
Stage 3 Water Restrictions – What does this mean for you?
Delta's pools and water parks are sustainably operated and will remain open. To reduce the risk of possibly losing valuable park assets and to keep our fields usable, the Corporation of Delta will continue to water only sand-based fields. To maximize the resource of ditch water, where feasible, Delta will use this non-potable water source to water trees, hanging baskets and plants.
- Lawn sprinkling is prohibited.
- No new sprinkling exemption permits will be issued or renewed. Existing permits will become invalid.
- All forms of watering using treated drinking water are prohibited.
- Watering of flowers, vegetable gardens, decorative planters, shrubs and trees may still be done only if done by hand using a spring-loaded shut-off nozzle, or containers or drip irrigation. Use of sprinklers or soaker hoses is prohibited.
- Refilling of private pools, spas and garden ponds is prohibited.
- Public and commercial water features and decorative fountains are prohibited.
- Washing driveways and sidewalks for esthetic purposes is prohibited; washing of these surfaces may only be done for health and safety purposes or to prepare a surface for painting or similar treatment.
- Outdoor washing or rinsing of vehicles or boats is prohibited, except for safety (windows, lights and licences only).
See Metro Vancouver’s Water Shortage Response Plan – At a Glance for full Stage 3 water restriction guidelines.
Violators who fail to comply with the Stage 3 water restrictions will be charged a fine of $400.