The purpose of this application is to subdivide a portion of 5847 12 Avenue and consolidate it with 5766 16 Avenue in order to construct a 22-unit townhouse development on the development site. The remainder of the property would continue to be a part of the Beach Grove Golf Course. In order to proceed, the following are required for the portion of the subject properties that would accommodate the proposed townhouse development:
- Amendment to the Regional Growth Strategy by changing the regional land use designation from Conservation and Recreation to General Urban;
- Amendments to the Official Community Plan as follows:
- change the land use designation in the Regional Context Statement Map in Schedule A from Conservation and Recreation to General Urban;
- change the land use designation in Schedule A from Private Recreational Areas (PR) to Multi-Unit Residential (MR); and
- change the land use designation in the Tsawwassen Future Land Use Plan in Schedule D.1 from Parks and Recreation Areas (P) to Residential Ground-Oriented (RG);
- Rezoning from Private Recreation (C5) to Townhouse Residential 40 (RT40);
- Streamside Protection and Enhancement Area Development Permit.
- Development Variance Permit to vary “Delta Zoning Bylaw No. 7600, 2017” as follows:
- Section 8.2.8(a) by permitting six surface parking spaces for visitors to be provided within a required front setback area;
- Section 13.20.7 by increasing the maximum number of storeys for a principal structure from 2½ storeys to 3 storeys; and
- Section 13.20.7 by increasing the maximum height to mid-roof or the top of a flat roof for a principal structure from 8 m to 12 m.
An application was received on June 13, 2017 to permit the subdivision of the above-noted development site into 10 new single detached lots each containing a single detached dwelling along the 16 Avenue property frontage. A consultation process for that proposal was initiated; however, following initial public notification, the application was on hold for some time while the applicant considered revisions. In December 2019, the applicant submitted a revised proposal for the above-noted townhouse development. The applicant will not be proceeding with the single detached subdivision proposal at this time.
Rachael Ward, Planner
Dean Bauck, Royal LePage Regency Realty