Location: 5519 Admiral Way
File Number: LU008986
A Public Information Meeting was hosted by the City of Delta on Wednesday, January 22, 2020. A copy of Delta’s presentation boards are available here.
The proposal is for a one-storey neighbourhood commercial building with a one-level under-building parkade. This proposal replaces a previous proposal for a two-storey neighbourhood commercial building with one-level of under-building parking. A childcare facility use has been added to the proposal and a rezoning is required to permit the use.
Key Application Facts:
- One-storey neighbourhood commercial building with one level of under-building parking accessed from Admiral Boulevard
- Building Size:1,329 m2 (14,305 ft2)
- Proposed Uses:
- Neighbourhood Commercial (shops and/or cafe);
- Eating and drinking establishment (possible restaurant);
- Childcare facility; and
- Marina Facilities and Office.
- 223 parking spaces, including 24 at-grade spaces and 199 under-building spaces
- 11.1 m (36 ft) principal building height and 14.3 m (47 ft) clock tower height
- Principal building setbacks:
- Front (Admiral Boulevard): 8.1 m (27 ft);
- Rear (North): 9.5 m (31 ft);
- Interior Side (East): 42.9 m (141 ft); and
- Interior Side (West): 34.9 m (115 ft).
- Under-building parkade setbacks:
- Front (Admiral Boulevard): 4.8 m (16 ft);
- Rear (North): 6.2 m (20 ft);
- Interior Side (East): 0 m (0 ft); and
- Interior Side (West): 28.3 m (93 ft).
- Amenities: Public Landscaped Courtyard and Public Plaza Area
In order to facilitate this development, the following are required: The proposal involves the following:
- Rezoning to amend the existing Comprehensive Development Zone No. 430-1 (C.D. 430.1) in order to allow a day care as a permitted use within the zone; and
- Design Review for compliance with the existing design covenant for Marina Gardens.
View from Southwest Corner
Dave English, Captain’s Cove Marina