The Dawson Crescent Neighbourhood Road Improvements Project is substantially complete. Thank you for your patience throughout construction.
The Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue Roadway Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address ageing roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue include:
- Slight roadway widening along Dawson Crescent between 114 Street and 95 Avenue to Delta's local road standard (9.0 metre wide road width) to accommodate on-street parking on both sides
- Minimal roadway widening along Dawson Crescent between 95 Avenue and 96 Avenue to 6.5 metre wide road width with parking pockets on the east side to accommodate on-street parking on both sides
- Slight roadway widening along 96 Avenue between Dawson Crescent and 114 Street to accommodate parking along the south side
- Ditch in-fills including new storm main as necessary
- Sanitary sewer upgrades
- New concrete sidewalk along east side of Dawson Crescent and south side of 96 Avenue
- Roadway re-paving (within the City of Delta's jurisdiction only)
- New LED street lighting along Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project.
Construction for the Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue project began Spring 2017.
A public consultation meeting was held on June 18, 2014.
Revised preliminary plans were mailed to residents along Dawson Crescent and the south side of 96 Avenue on October 22, 2014 for further review and solicitation of feedback.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.