Following the Public Information Meeting on June 18, 2014, and receipt of resident feedback, the design has been revised to include on-street parking on both sides of Dawson Crescent between Dawson Place and 96 Avenue with the use of parking pockets.
If you have further comments regarding the proposed improvements, please fill out a comment sheet and submit by Tuesday, November 4, 2014 by fax to 604-946-7492, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person to the Engineering Department at Delta Municipal Hall.
Design will be completed in 2014 and construction is tentatively scheduled to take place in 2016 (subject to Council approval).
The Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue Roadway Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address ageing roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue include:
- Slight roadway widening along Dawson Crescent between 114 Street and 95 Avenue to Delta's local road standard (9.0 metre wide road width) to accommodate on-street parking on both sides
- Minimal roadway widening along Dawson Crescent between 95 Avenue and 96 Avenue to 6.5 metre wide road width with parking pockets on the east side to accommodate on-street parking on both sides
- Slight roadway widening along 96 Avenue between Dawson Crescent and 114 Street to accommodate parking along the south side
- Ditch in-fills including new storm main as necessary
- New concrete sidewalk along one side of Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue
- Roadway re-paving (within the Corporation of Delta's jurisdiction only)
- New LED street lighting along Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project.
Construction for the Dawson Crescent and 96 Avenue project is tentatively scheduled for the spring/summer of 2016.
A public consultation meeting was held on June 18, 2014.
Revised preliminary plans were mailed to residents along Dawson Crescent and the south side of 96 Avenue on October 22, 2014 for further review and solicitation of feedback.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.