The 8A Avenue (English Bluff Road to 56 Street) Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 8A Avenue include:
- Roadway widening including bicycle lanes on 8A Avenue to Delta’s collector road standard;
- New pedestrian crossings and crosswalk upgrades;
- New 1.5m sidewalk on the north side from English Bluff Road to 52 Street;
- New 1.5m sidewalk on the south side from 52 Street to 56 Street;
- New 1.5m sidewalk on both sides from Gilchrist Drive to 55A Street;
- New barrier curb and gutter on the north and south side of 8A Avenue;
- New LED ornamental street lighting;
- Roadway rehabilitation;
- Watermain and sewermain upgrades; and,
- Drainage improvements as necessary.
For more information, please see the preliminary plan approved by Council.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process
The project is divided into two phases, Phase 1 is from English Bluff Road to 52 Street and Phase 2 is from 52 Street to 56 Street.
Construction of the water main from English Bluff Road to 52 Street is complete and road construction began late March 2018, with an estimated completion date of July 2018, weather depending.
The construction of the water main for Phase 2 is anticipated to commence during the winter of 2018 and construction of the road for Phase 2 is anticipated to commence around Spring of 2019.
The first Public Information Meeting was held on November 1, 2017 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at South Park Elementary School.
The second Public Information Meeting was held on January 11, 2018 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at South Delta Secondary School.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department
or call 604-946-3260.