The 84 Avenue (112 Street to 116 Street) Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 84 Avenue include:
- Widened boulevard along the north side of 84 Avenue with rest points including street furniture (benches, garbage receptacles, and a water fountain);
- Sidewalk improvements;
- New marked bike lanes along 84 Avenue with parking pockets;
- Bus stop improvements including bus shelters;
- New decorative burgundy LED street lighting along 84 Avenue with hanging flower baskets;
- Two new traffic signals, one at 114 Street and the other at the east entrance of the North Delta Recreation Centre;
- Drainage improvements including a new storm sewer;
- New boulevard trees; and,
- Roadway re-paving with decorative crosswalk treatments.
A preliminary plan of proposed improvements is attached for information.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project:
Road Construction Process.
Construction of the 84 Avenue (112 Street to 116 Street) Roadway and Utility Improvements Project is being completed in two phases. Phase one, from 112 St to 114 St, was substantially completed in June of 2018. Phase two, from 114 St to 116 St, is scheduled to be substantially complete by the end of December 2018.
Due to the Delta Gardens and Arts Centre construction schedule, the works fronting this development will be postponed until Spring 2019.
A Public Information Meeting was held on December 5, 2017. Poster boards from the Public Information Meeting are attached for information.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email Engineering Department
or call 604-946-3260.