The 83 Avenue (114 Street to 116 Street) Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 83 Avenue include:
- Roadway widening along 83 Avenue to Delta's local road standard (9.0m wide road width)
- Removal and reconstruction of the sidewalk on the north side of 83 Avenue as necessary
- New barrier curb and gutter on the north side of 83 Avenue as necessary
- New 2.0m wide sidewalk with 0.9m stamped and coloured utility strip on the south side of 83 Avenue between 115 Street and 116 Street to tie in with existing sidewalk west of 115 Street
- Drainage improvements as necessary
- New rain garden on the south side of 83 Avenue at 115 Street
- Storm sewer upgrade between 114 Street and 114A Street
- New LED street lighting and upgrading existing street lighting to LED
- Roadway re-paving within the project limits
For more information, please review the preliminary plan and photo renderings.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process.
This project is substantially completed. The remaining sidewalk work will be finished by November, 2015.
A public consultation meeting was held on November 6, 2014.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.