Delta staff has developed a conceptual design for 72 Avenue between 120 Street (Scott Road) and the BNSF Overpass to address congestion and safety issues along the corridor.
Based on feedback from residents during the first public consultation in February 2018, the design has been revised to include dedicated left turn lanes at signalized intersections, hatch marks at York Place and Blake Drive to improve access, and safety improvements at Heath Elementary including access enhancements. The revised conceptual design for the proposed improvements along 72 Avenue is attached for information.
The proposed improvements along 72 Avenue include:
- Four travel lanes with dedicated turning lanes from the BNSF overpass to 120 Street (Scott Road);
- New grass boulevard and concrete sidewalk on both sides of 72 Avenue;
- New traffic signal at 72 Avenue and Westview Drive;
- New traffic signal at 72 Avenue and 113 Street;
- Intersection improvements at 112 Street and 116 Street;
- New decorative street lighting;
- Drainage improvements including rain gardens at select locations; and,
- Roadway repaving.
A Public Information Meeting with City staff was held in February 2018. The design has since been revised based on residents feedback.
A second Public Information Meeting with City staff will be held to discuss the revised conceptual design and receive feedback from the community. The meeting is scheduled for:
Date: May 23, 2019
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00 pm (meeting will be in drop-in format)
Location: Heath Elementary School (gymnasium) – 11364 72 Avenue, Delta BC
We welcome and encourage input on this project and look forward to hearing feedback at the meeting. For residents that are not able to attend, please submit comments by May 31, 2019 by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the Engineering Department at Delta City Hall.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.