With the Province well underway with the Highway 91 and 72 Avenue Interchange project, Delta staff has developed a conceptual design for 72 Avenue between 120 Street (Scott Road) and the BNSF Overpass to address congestion and safety issues along the corridor.
The proposed improvements along 72 Avenue include:
- Four travel lanes with dedicated turning lanes from the BNSF overpass to 120 Street (Scott Road);
- Roadway repaving;
- New grass boulevard and concrete sidewalk on both sides of 72 Avenue;
- New traffic signal at 72 Avenue and Westview Drive;
- Intersection improvements at 112 Street and 116 Street; and,
- New decorative street lighting.
A Public Information Meeting with city staff was held on February 13, 2018. Poster boards and plan drawings from the public consultation meeting are attached for information.
Staff will seek to incorporate feedback received from the public into the proposed design. It is anticipated that a second public meeting will be held later this year or early next year to provide an opportunity for further review.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.