52 Street Roadway and Utility Improvements (12 Avenue to Spyglass Crescent)
The 52 Street Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 52 Street include:
- Roadway widening on 52 Street between 12 Avenue and Spyglass Crescent to accommodate two travel lanes, two bike lanes, and intermittent parking;
- New sidewalk along the east side of 52 Street between Saratoga Drive to 100 metres north of Upland Drive with new barrier curb and gutter;
- New sidewalk along the west side of 52 Street between Cliff Drive to 50 metres north of Upland Drive with new barrier curb and gutter;
- Crosswalk upgrades at Belair Drive to include flashing amber beacons;
- New special crosswalk at the intersection of 52 Street and Saratoga Drive to include flashing beacons;
- Bus stop improvements including shelters;
- LED street lighting improvements and traffic signal improvements;
- New boulevard trees;
- Drainage improvements as necessary;
- Watermain upgrades; and,
- Roadway re-paving within the project limits.
A preliminary plan and photo renderings of proposed improvements are attached for information.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project:
Road Construction Process.
Before & After Photos
Construction for the 52 Street Roadway and Utility Improvement (12 Avenue to Spyglass Crescent) project is tentatively scheduled as follows:
- Winter 2017 – Watermain Construction
- Summer 2018 – Road Construction
Residents will receive another letter to notify them of the construction start date.
Note: Metro Vancouver is also planning to replace their watermain along 52 Street in Spring 2017. Metro Vancouver will provide notification to residents directly regarding their project.
A Public Information Meeting was held on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 to seek feedback from residents on the design and make adjustments as necessary. Please note that the design is not considered final and is being presented to obtain feedback from residents. If you were unable to attend the Public Information Meeting you may submit your comments on the attached feedback form by Friday, May 13, 2016 via email at email@example.com or in person to the Engineering Department at Delta Municipal Hall.
We welcome and encourage your input on this project and look forward to hearing any comments or concerns.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.