109B Street Roadway and Utility Improvements (84 Avenue to Brooke Road)
The construction of the water main and sanitary main will begin mid 2018 with repaving following shortly thereafter.
The 109B Street (84 Avenue to Brooke Road) Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 109B Street include:
- Roadway widening along 109B Street to Delta’s local road standard (9.0m wide road width);
- New sidewalk along the west side of 109B Street;
- New rollover curb and gutter on the east and west side of 109B Street;
- New LED ornamental street lighting;
- New boulevard trees;
- Roadway rehabilitation;
- Watermain and sanitary main upgrades; and,
- Drainage improvements as necessary.
For more information, please review the preliminary plan and Before/After photo renderings below.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process.
Construction for the watermain and sanitary main along 109B Street project was tentatively scheduled for the fall/winter of 2016 and roadway improvements are to be completed in 2017.
A Public Information Meeting was held on June 22, 2016 at the Richardson Elementary School to seek feedback from the residents on the design and make changes as necessary.
Before/After Photo Renderings
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.