Project Name: KinVillage Redevelopment
Location: 5410, 5430 & 5440 10 Avenue and 1050 54A Street
File Number: LU008648
Public Hearing to be held January 29, 2019:
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Council Chamber, Delta City Hall
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent
Anyone believing that their interest will be affected by this proposal shall be given an opportunity to be heard at the Public Hearing on matters proposed by the application.
Correspondence addressed to Mayor and Council will form part of the public record for this Public Hearing. To be considered, correspondence must be received by the Office of the City Clerk no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 29, 2019.
A copy of the Public Hearing Notice, including details on how to participate, is provided below in the Reports and Documents section.
First and Second Reading given December 17, 2018:
Council gave first and second readings to Bylaw No. 7817 and has referred the bylaw to a Public Hearing. A copy of the council report and minutes from the meeting are provided below in the Reports and Documents section.
The application is to amend Delta’s Official Community Plan by changing the land use designation of the addresses listed above from Medium Density Residential (MDR) to Mixed Use (Tsawwassen - KinVillage).
KinVillage Association is applying for this change in land use designation to allow long-term redevelopment of the existing KinVillage site with the following features:
- Principal uses – seniors’ rental apartments, seniors’ congregate (assisted) housing, community care facility
- Secondary uses – pharmacy, clinical services, neighbourhood café, childcare facility
- Maximum residential density – 300 units per hectare (121 units per acre)
- Maximum building heights – 4 and 6 storeys
Proposed Site Layout
Application Type: Official Community Plan Amendment
Official Community Plan Amendment:
- To change the land use designation of the subject properties in the Future Land Use Plan in Schedule A from Multi-Unit Residential (MR) to Mixed Use (MU).
- To change the land use designation of the subject properties in the Tsawwassen Area Plan in Schedule D from Medium Density Residential (MDR) to Mixed Use (Tsawwassen - KinVillage) in order to allow the proposed residential use at a density of 300 uph (121 upa).
This application would only amend the Official Community Plan at this point. This phased redevelopment would require subsequent rezonings once detailed site and building plans were confirmed.
Reports and Related Documents
Graham Plant, CPA Development Consultants