The application involves a request to purchase a portion of the municipally-owned North Delta Recreation Centre property at 11489 84 Avenue in order to consolidate it with the adjacent properties at 11503 84 Avenue, 8447 and 8455 115 Street to develop two multiple family residential apartment buildings ranging in height from four to six-storeys and two three-storey townhouse buildings. If the application is approved, The Corporation of Delta would use the funds from the land sale to help finance the construction of a new arts and cultural centre on the North Delta Recreation Centre site. Vehicle access to the proposed development would be from 84 Avenue via shared driveway with the North Delta Recreation Centre.
January 17, 2017: Council has referred this application to a Public Hearing to be held at 6:00 pm at the North Delta Recreation Centre Gymnasium. A speakers list will be available for the public to sign at the entrance to the venue commencing at 4:30 pm. A copy of the Public Hearing Notice can be found here.
January 10, 2017: The application has been revised by reducing the proposed number of apartment units from 124 to 110. The proposed number of townhouse units would remain the same at 12. The applicant’s request to vary parking requirements has also been withdrawn such that the proposal fully complies with “Delta Zoning Bylaw No. 2750, 1977”.
November 8, 2016: A revised application was submitted to Community Planning & Development. Two properties at 8447 and 8455 115 Street have been added to the subject site and the number of dwelling units has increased. The revised proposal includes a total of 124 apartment and 12 townhouse units.
Type: Official Community Plan Amendment, Rezoning, Road Closure and Cancellation, Development Variance Permit, Development Permit, Subdivision and Temporary Use Permit. 1. Official Community Plan Amendment
- To change the Future Land Use Plan designation in Schedule A for the subject portion of municipally-owned property at 11489 84 Avenue from S Institutional and the properties at 8447 and 8455 115 Street from R One and Two Unit Residential respectively to MR Multi-Unit Residential; and
- To change the Future Land Use Plan designation in the North Delta Area Plan for the subject portion of municipally-owned property at 11489 84 Avenue from S Institutional, the property at 11503 84 Avenue from MGR Medium Density Ground-Oriented Residential, and the properties at 8447 and 8455 115 Street from ISF(ND) Infill Single Family Residential (North Delta) respectively to a new multiple-family residential designation to be named MDR(DG) Medium Density Residential (Delta Gardens) that would permit a maximum 2.4 floor space ratio, density of 220 units per hectare (81 units per acre) and height of six storeys.
- To rezone the subject portion of municipally-owned lands at 11489 84 Avenue from P Public Use and the properties at 11503 84 Avenue, 8447 and 8455 115 Street from RM1 Multiple Family (Duplex) Residential respectively to Comprehensive Development Zone No. 475.
3. Road Closure and Cancellation
4. Development Variance Permit
5. Development Permit
- To vary the minimum setback from the centre line of 84 Avenue from 21.0 m (69 ft) to 16.5 m (54 ft)
- A development permit is required to address form and character design requirements and guidelines of the ND12 Nordel Social Heart Development Permit Area.
7. Temporary Use Permit
- To consolidate the subject portion of the municipally-owned lands at 11489 84 Avenue with the adjacent properties at 11503 84 Avenue, 8447 and 8455 115 Street
- To allow a commercial real estate office operation consisting of a sales centre for the proposed apartment and townhouse development and accessory parking on the portion of municipally-owned property at 11489 84 Avenue for a period of one year.
The proposed replacement of the Firehall Centre For The Arts will undergo a separate consultation, design and approval process and more information on the proposal will be provided as details become available.
Reports and Related Documents
- January 16, 2017
Council Report: Official Community Plan Amendment, Rezoning, Road Closure and Cancellation, Development Variance Permit, Development Permit, Temoirary Use Permit and SUbdivision at 11489 & 11503 84 Avenue and 8447 & 8455 115 Street (H. Sharma & Associates Inc. - Delta Gardens) Applicant Presentation #1 to Council (Barnett Dembek Architects)
Applicant Presentation #2 to Council (Fifth Avenue Real Estate Marketing)
- November 22, 2016
Public Information Meeting Applicant Presentation Boards - Architectural, Landscaping, Site Survey
- November 8, 2016
Second Public Information Meeting letter to residents
- June 30, 2016
Public Information Meeting letter to residents
- June 20, 2016
New Application Report (dated June 13, 2016)
New Application Update Presentation
Cultural Facility Replacement Presentation
- June 20, 2016
Public Information Meeting Applicant Presentation Boards - Architectural, Landscaping, Rendering Delta Presentation Boards - North Delta Arts Centre, Traffic Study Summary
The Corporation of Delta:
Jimmy Ho, Planner
Hari Sharma, H. Sharma & Associates Ltd.