Work is scheduled to begin in early October 2017 to complete upgrades providing for an expanded range of options in spring 2018.
Planned Upgrades & Improvements
In August 2017, following a public consultation process, Delta Council approved the implementation of a service expansion strategy for both the North Delta and Boundary Bay cemeteries intended to:
- Provide increased capacity of existing interment services
- In-ground burial lots and cremation lots
- Provide additional interment services
- Columbaria and memorial wall niches, and scattering gardens
- Enhance the visual appearance of the cemetery grounds
- April 2016: Community Information Sessions were held at the North Delta and Boundary Bay cemeteries to give residents the opportunity to review the concept designs for the future of those cemeteries.
- June 2015: Through an Open House format, the conceptual designs were made available both on-site and on Delta’s website for the public to review. Community feedback and input was gathered at the Open Houses and also through an online survey. Based on the feedback/input gathered, the designs and associated information was provided to Council. The designs were amended where appropriate based on the feedback received.
- 2014: Staff were authorized to secure detailed design and cost estimates for improvements at Boundary Bay and North Delta cemeteries. Conceptual designs were prepared and reviewed by staff.
Reports and Related Documents
For further information about these designs and the planning process, please contact Linda Nielsen, Park Planner, by email or by calling 604-946-3375.