Delta has developed a resource package for Grade 7 teachers to help you bring Burns Bog to life for your students.
The Burns Bog Classroom Program is a 140-page teacher’s resource manual, which was written by a local teacher to fit the B.C. school curriculum and your busy schedule.
Burns Bog Classroom Program includes:
- A letter from Mayor Lois E. Jackson
- 14 detailed lesson plans about Burns Bog, including:
- Background information for teachers
- Step-by-step classroom activities
- Field trips in the Delta Nature Reserve
- Habitats and wildlife
- History and land use
- Unique qualities of a bog
- Climate change
- Hands-on science experiments
In 2012, every Grade 7 class in Delta received a free copy of the Burns Bog Classroom Program. If you aren't in Delta, teach a different grade or did not receive one, download a free PDF version:
Burns Bog Classroom Program package
Letter from Mayor Lois E. Jackson